Invoices submitted to Stanford Health Care will be disputed or rejected if the following occur:
Department responsible for approving the invoice has disapproved or rejected the invoice.
- Stanford Health Care departments are required to inform vendors when disapproving invoices.
- Vendors can request automated disapproval notifications from the Stanford Health Care employee who manages the relationship with the vendor.
Vendor is attempting to invoice for:
- A closed Purchase Order (PO)
- A PO not issued by Stanford Health Care
- Line items that don't exist on the PO
Systemized Invoice Disputes
Payments may be delayed due to inconsistencies between Vendor and PO data.
- Tax discrepancies at the line level between invoice and PO
- Price & UOM Exceptions between Invoice, PO, and Receipt
- Missing Receipts, or the department has not received the goods
- Invoice not referencing a usable Stanford Health Care PO
- Incorrect EDI data provided from the supplier
- Department has not approved updates to existing PO
- Add-on Costs (freight, shipping/handling) are billed differently than what is on PO
Automated Messages That You May Receive
Automated Notice of Rejection Notification
Hello Valued Supplier,
The below invoice number have been denied by either the SHC ordering department approver or the SHC Purchasing department for the following reasons:
Reason for Disapproval:
If the denial comments are not clear & actionable, then please reach out to your SHC ordering department regarding this disputed invoice. (For example, if the dept refuses to approve because account coding is incorrect, then the ordering dept needs to affect that change themselves since the coding is driven by the PO they initiated.)
Until the discrepanc(ies) noted above are resolved, this invoice has been automatically marked by the system as unpayable and are considered to be in dispute.
Thank you in advance for partnering with the SHC Ordering department to resolve this disputed invoice in a timely manner.
Stanford Health Care
Automated Notice for Closed/Missing Unusable PO
Hello Valued Supplier,
Your invoice was received by Stanford Health Care (SHC) AP team, however the invoice does not reference a usable SHC Purchase Order Number. (The PO you displayed is either invalid, missing, closed, or otherwise unusable.) Please resubmit your invoice with a usable Purchase Order number.
To minimize delay in payment, please do the following:
- Ensure your PO number is displayed clearly on the face of your invoice
- Verify with your SHC Department Contact or the Buyer listed on the PO that the PO is still usable
- Make sure the PO number is populated on the invoice exactly as displayed on the Purchase Order (including all “dashes” and any other prefixes append to the PO number)
- If you do not have a Purchase Order number or if one was not provided to you, please contact the person who requested the goods/services.
- If you have any inquiries regarding past due invoices, please email SHCAPInquiry@stanfordhealthcare.org
- If you are already in communication with Stanford Health Care AP regarding past due invoices, there is no need to send a follow up email.
Instant Payment Status (Vendor Self-Service)
Disputed / Rejected Invoices